Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dissapointments = Learnings

Every incident is a learning. When you face a setback you start feeling gloomy but there’s another way to handle it – take it as a learning. Extract lessons out of the episode and grow as an individual unless of course you want to feel gloomy because you derive pleasure out of it.. yes there are people who like to be sad because they enjoy being sad.
I really like this famous quote by Socrates – “By all means marry. If you get a good wife you’ll be happy, if you get a bad one you’ll become a philosopher.” What amazing way to look at negatives – in fact what amazing way to make the negative glossier, exciting and the positive a boring existence.
Boring existence? This brings us to another point – when you are always happy, always fine do you get bored of it. Do negatives/setbacks/failures create excitement, enthusiasm in an otherwise mundane existence which if true again tells us why it is actually nice if you encounter failures… does it not spice up your life!

So today, which coincidentally is also my birthday, may have had the worst possible beginning (which I will not disclose) and has left me with a very bad impression of relationships in general but it’s up to me to sit and crib about it or to take learnings out of it, apply it in future and encounter similar recurrence with stoicism and tolerance, isn’t that the best birthday gift I can give myself?

Here’s wishing myself a very Happy Birthday and hope I keep learning more and more out of this amazing life God has given me!

No comments: